To ensure the optimum equipment availability throughout the plant. To facilitate excellent communications between maintenance and the other departments in the plant, sister companies and suppliers whilst maintaining safe and efficient methods in the day to day activities of the job. Support the team with improvements, ideas and initiatives. To provide high equipment availability through re-engineering solutions, renewal/replacement/repair, inspection and preventative maintenance.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental rules are adhered to and maintained
- Ensure all Risk Assessments are reviewed annually and modified when necessary
- Effectively utilizes SPC (Statistical Process Control) to establish in control and capable processes prior to making improvement-based changes
- Leads a team of skilled technicians and electricians to drive machine and equipment performance.
- Supports a Predictive and Preventive Maintenance Program for machine tools and equipment.
- Ensures the implementation and accuracy of the Computer Maintenance Management System
- Identify, plan and execute re-engineering solutions
- Leads and coordinates Root Cause and Corrective Action of machine and equipment failures. Communicates daily status of machine downtime and repair activities.
- Approves requisitions for equipment, materials and supplies within limits of department budget
- Accurately interprets data and conveys to the level of the audience
- Entry level experience in troubleshooting, interpreting, modifying and programming PLCs.
- Working knowledge of Allen Bradley PLCs.
- Achieve the key performance indicators as detailed for the department.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure all process issues are addressed
- Contribute with the implementation of improvement activities
- Develop own competence and self-development and continuously improve
- Plan and organise the department to achieve the highest equipment availability
- Manage critical spares and spare parts store
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Operations Manager