Purchase ledger clerk
The main duties of the Purchase Ledger include matching invoices with delivery notes and purchase orders, reconciling supplier statements and responding to ad hoc requests from other functions within the organisation.
- Matching, checking prices and invoices.
- Complete purchase process.
- Setting up of new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details.
- Negotiate prices with suppliers and organise purchase deliveries.
- Check and reconcile supplier statements.
- File invoices and statements.
- Deal with purchase enquiries.
- Credit card control for general purchases.
- Liaising with creditors where needed.
- Reviewing systems and processes and making improvements where necessary.
- Excellent English (spoken and written) and good communication skills.
- Solid team working skills.
- Self-disciplined and efficient, with a flexible and proactive natureExperienced in Excel and Microsoft office packages.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Sage 50 knowledge.